Method 1:1. Open IE
2. Click Tools
3. Manage Add-ons
4. Find Adobe PDF Reader in your list
4a. You might need to change the ‘Show’ list box to ‘All add-ons’
5. Click Enable
Method 2: Disable Add-Ons1. Click the ‘Tools’ button, and then click ‘Manage add-ons’.
2. Disable the add-ons by clicking them one at a time to highlight them and then click on disable button.
3. Re-enable the add-ons one by one and check with which Add-on you get this error message.
4. Disable the Add-on causing the problem.
Method 3: Reset security settings for Internet ExplorerIf you configure security settings to be too restrictive, you may prevent Internet Explorer from displaying certain Web sites. To determine whether an issue is caused by overly restrictive security settings, revert to default security settings.
To do this, follow these steps:
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
3. Click the Security tab.
4. Click Reset all zones to default level, and then click OK.
Method 4: Run the Internet explorer performance troubleshooter and check if it helps1. Press the ‘Windows + W’ key on the keyboard.
2. Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.
3. Select Troubleshooting. Click on view all and select Internet explorer performance.
4. Click next and follow the on-screen instructions.
Method 5: Reset Internet Explorer 101. Drag the mouse to the bottom right corner and click on search.
2. Click on ‘Settings’ and type ‘Internet Options’.
3. Click on Internet Options and click on ‘Advanced tab’
4. Click ‘Reset’ and click ‘OK’.
NOTE: Please note that running Reset Internet Explorer Settings will reset all user-defined settings including those set by installed extensions, toolbars and other add-ons to IE Defaults. This includes all Security, Privacy and Zone settings. Also this will clear browsing history, delete all temporary Internet Files, cookies, form data and especially all stored passwords.
Method 6: Uninstall the Adobe Acrobat Reader and install the latest versionFollow the link below to download the latest version:
Also, if you have multiple Adobe Readers installed, uninstall them all then install the latest version.
Adobe doesn’t support multiple versions of Reader or Acrobat on the same computer. Multiple versions simultaneously installed can lead to software conflicts and errors. Uninstall all versions of Reader or Acrobat and then reinstall only one version of the product.