Updating Parts Information in Documoto
If you have a large volume of parts that requires updating, you can submit that content in bulk in order to save time versus editing each item individually through the Documoto interface. The part information most commonly revised or added with this method includes prices, custom prices for different organizations, and custom tag values.
- Part Number: The unique part identification number previously defined for this part.
- Supplier Key: A unique name corresponding to the supplier who furnishes this particular part.
- Retail / Discounted / Wholesale Price(s): These numbers define the default prices (Tenant-Level) associated with the part that are displayed in the shopping cart and in other applicable screens within the Documoto interface. If you need to designate custom pricing for members of specific organizations, enter the organization name and different prices in the Organization, Organization Retail Price, Organization Discounted Price, and Organization Wholesale Price columns (see below).
- Unit of Measure: A unit of measure that applies to the given part. This unit is defined when parts data is migrated into Documoto, or in the Part Properties screen of Documoto’s Publisher module. Typical values are EA (i.e., “each”), BX (“box”), CTN (“carton”), and so on.
- Property Name / Property Value: These items are equivalent to the ‘Tag Name’ and ‘Tag Value’ used within Documoto to enable search filters. You cannot create new property names (i.e., tags) using this spreadsheet; a tag must have been previously created in Documoto in order to change or define its value.
- Organization: Enter an organization here if you are creating a unique price structure for a particular part number and organization.
- Organization Retail / Discounted / Wholesale Price(s): Enter the special pricing here that will apply only to the organization entered in the previous cell. Members of the specified organization(s) will see the prices you enter here, instead of the default prices defined previously.