How To Create a New Order Using the Order Management Module
This article describes how to create and place an order using Documoto’s Order Management module. To place an order using Documoto’s Web Library shopping cart (i.e., if your organization does not have Order Management enabled), please see How to Use the Shopping Cart to Order Parts.
- Open Documoto’s Web Library, search parts books to find the parts you would like to order. Add parts to the shopping cart by clicking the cart icon and modifying the quantity as necessary. This procedure is the same as described in the article linked above, "How to Use the Shopping Cart to Order Parts."
- When you have finished searching for and selecting parts, click the Cart tab at the top right of the Documoto interface. Review and confirm your order, then click the Purchase Order button at the bottom of the window.
- The New Purchase Order tab will open, as shown below.
- Complete all required fields (marked with a red asterisk), and any optional fields as desired. Enter email address(es) and confirmations and order statuses will be sent by email, if this feature has been enabled by administrators.
|Note: The example Order Management screen shot shows a typical form layout. Because the layout and form fields are customizable by the parent organization, your view may differ from this example.|
- Check your parts list at the bottom of the form to confirm the proper items and quantities are in the shopping cart. If you need to add additional parts at this time, you must click the +Add Part button below the shopping cart. Do not modify the shopping cart in the Cart tab unless you intend to create an additional new Purchase Order.
- The Add Part dialog box is shown below. Start typing in the part number that you are searching for in the Part Search field. A list of potential matches will dynamically generate and display in the Suggestions list. When you find the part(s) that you need, click the part name/number and then click the Add button. The selected part will appear in the parts list. Repeat this process as needed to add any remaining parts required.
- When you have completed and reviewed the parts list for your order, click the Submit button at the top right of the purchase order form. Click Cancel Order to cancel the order (this will not delete the shopping cart in the Cart tab).
- An order confirmation page will display with a Print button that allows you to save or print a PDF version of the purchase order form.
- Click the ‘x’ in the New Purchase Order tab to close the tab. The order number and status is now displayed in your order history list under the Orders tab.
- You may also create a parts list directly in the Orders tab. Click the Orders tab at the top right next to the Cart tab. You’ll see an order history list on the left and a set of search filters on the right. Click the Create Order button, shown below.
- Complete steps 5 through 9 of Method 1 described above. You must add each part by clicking the +Add Part button on the purchase order form.