Documoto does not support every file type, but occasionally customers must utilize a third party application and/or file type to properly fill out their catalogue.
- Make sure you have a carefully controlled Box.com or DropBox.com shared drive, add the non-Documoto supported file, and copy the shareable link to be used later.
- Log into Documoto and select Admin > Publisher.
- In the Media Manager, click New.
- Provide an Identifier name.
- Select ExternalMedia from the Type dropdown.
- Paste the shareable link into the URL field.
- Check the “Open in new browser” checkbox.
- Click Add to create a Translation Name for the new Media, and apply a Description and a Locale.
- Apply a Tag if necessary.
- Click Create, which will save the Media and auto-open the Media Properties.
- Be sure to set Access Controls, and if necessary, apply a Thumbnail image.
To ensure that the generated hyperlink remains valid, use the “Replace” option in Box.com or Dropbox.com, rather than just uploading new files.