When to Use DocuStudio vs. Documoto
Although Documoto is the finest electronic parts catalog on the market today, it can't do everything you expect it to do... not on its own anyway. For those tasks, you'll need Docustudio. There are also tasks that can be performed in both the Documoto web application AND the Docustudio desktop publishing application. Which should you choose? Below is a list to help you decide... Should I use Documoto? Or Docustudio?
DocuStudio should only be used for the following publishing purposes:
- To create new pages
- To add or remove parts from an existing page bill of material (BOM)
- To add or remove diagrams from an existing page
- To hotpoint a page without hotpoints
Documoto should be used for most other publishing purposes, such as:
- To create books
- To modify page and part names
- To add PDF or other files to books or the library
- To update tags
- To add comments, attachments, and hotpoint links
- To quality check publishing work
Below are some links with instructions to download and setup DocuStudio, so you can start publishing today!